In 1864, Ambrose F. Church was commissioned by the Nova Scotia legislature to create a series of maps, one for each of Nova Scotia's 18 counties. Each shows the locations of towns and villages, basic topographic features and the names of residents. In many cases, the occupation of prominent townsfolk (clergy, blacksmith, merchant) is also included. Mr. Church completed the series in 1888.
This info is the insert in the Cumberland County map.