Oxford Woollen Mills 1867-1953
Quality blankets and other wool products were manufacted on site. During the Second World War the mill produced blankets for Canadian troops and khaki for uniforms. Woollen goods produced at the Oxford Woollen Mills received awards and recognition at exhibitions around the world for their quality.
Established in 1867 by Thomas Thompson, William Oxley and John G. Wells. The Oxford Woollen Mills manufactured quality woollen goods until it closed in 1953.
It was located on the banks of the River Phillip on what is now known as Waverly Street. Some of the brick structure remains and serves as the livestock building for the Cumberland County Exhibition